THE LEADERSHIP OF THE TRENTON CHURCH OF CHRIST
Scripture is filled with examples of God choosing leaders for His people.
The leadership of the Trenton Church of Christ is based on the pattern laid out by God in the Bible.
We are led by four spiritual shepherds—men chosen by the congregation to lead based on their age, life experience, and the type of character God has indicated in the Scriptures. These men do not run the church but instead make decisions as a group based on the wisdom and knowledge of God’s word they have gained through lives of service to God. Our shepherds are:
John Frazier - Kent Heaton - Billy Mikell - Freddie Summers
Eight deacons aid the shepherds—men chosen to fill various roles based on their scriptural qualifications, abilities, and willingness to work.
- Audio/Video/Technology (Ronnie Beach, P. J. Fox)
- Building Grounds & Maintenance (Ronnie Beach, Bruce McElroy)
- Children’s Bible Classes (Chris Dunn, Seth Maurer)
- Finances/Insurance/Collection (Seth Hastings, Woody Collett)
- Sunday Night Home Bible Studies (Tommy Redding)
- Visitation/Transportation (Seth Maurer)
- Visitor Welcome / Follow-Up (Woody Collett, Tommy Redding)
- Website/Social Media (Woody Collett, P. J. Fox)
- Worship Duties (Woody Collett, Bruce McElroy)
- Group 1) Bruce McElroy
- Group 2) P. J. Fox, Seth Hastings
- Group 3) Seth Maurer
- Group 4) Ronnie Beach
- Group 5) Chris Dunn
The church at Trenton financially supports a full-time evangelist, Everritt Heaton, and his family.
Our evangelist presents Bible-based lessons each week from the pulpit, in the classroom, and in private studies that instruct and lead our members and our community in Bible study.
Everritt, Belinda, Braylyn, & Kendon Heaton, Karina & Celina Solis
Kent works as a teacher for the Trenton church, writing class material, organizing evangelistic efforts in the community, and helping the church family create opportunities to teach the lost. His articles are found in the Gilchrist County Herald (weekly) and the Gilchrist County Informer (monthly).